Social Business Plan Competition for Students
Social Business Challenge for Students
All submissions must be online and from a higher education institution team. All teams must have at least one faculty advisor. Plans must be submitted as an attachment in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF format to the email address below. Deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM September 24, 2012. All submissions must have Team Leader’s name, contact email address, name of the institution, and the name of the proposed social business.
Student/Faculty Team Resources (new)
Official Rules for the Social Business Challenge
Judges for the Social Business Challenge
Once ready, please submit proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: August 1 – September 24, 2012
- Submission of Social Business Plan (no more than 2 pages): September 24, 2012
- Qualifying Presentations: October 1, 2012
- Finalist Presentations: October 1, 2012
- Identify a “Social Problem” in your community (Home or Collegiate)
- Identify at least one faculty member to advise each team
- Prepare a Social Business Plan and submit online (no more than 2 pages)
- Use the structure below to prepare the presentation
- Bring 3’x4’ Poster Board that summarizes your Social Business Plan.
- Prepare a 5 minute presentation.
- Teams will present before judges at the Qualifying Round.
- Qualifying Round winners will present in the Final Round.
- Winners will receive Awards from Professor Yunus.
Submission and Presentation Structure
- Social Problem Addressed – The Social Business opportunity
- Solution Proposed - Business Model, Product/Services/Programs
- Market Analysis and Strategy
- Launch Strategy and Requirements
- Financial Plan and Sustainability
- Impact Summary – Social Benefits
Grameen Creative Lab: http://www.grameencreativelab.com